Dr. Junil Ahn is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon who is both a licensed dentist and physician. He has extensive experience in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery, anesthesia, and dental implant-related surgery.
Dr. Ahn grew up in the Los Angeles and Orange County region. He received his undergraduate degree at UC Irvine in Electrical and Computer Engineering and was on the Dean’s Honor List.
He received his dental degree (DDS) from the prestigious University of California, San Francisco, where he graduated at the top of the class and was inducted into the Dental Honor Society. Dr. Ahn continued on to complete his medical degree (MD) at the University of California, Davis and received general anesthesia training. After completing a general surgery internship at UC San Francisco, Dr. Ahn went on to complete the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at UC San Francisco.
With his diverse background in dentistry, medicine, and engineering, Dr. Ahn brings together the latest surgical techniques and technologies to provide the best patient care possible.
Dr. Ahn is a continuing education provider and has given numerous lectures in topics of surgical dental implantology, oral surgery, oral pathology, and medicine. In addition, Dr. Ahn continues to advance his clinical knowledge with extensive continuing education courses in the latest surgical advances and techniques to bring the most up-to-date care for his patients.
Dr. Ahn is married and has two young girls. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with family, watching sports, mountain biking, and staying physically active.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Southern California Orofacial Academy
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
Licenses and Permits
- California Dental License
- California Medical License
- California General Anesthesia Permit
- ACLS and BLS certified
Training and Education
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: University of California at San Francisco
- General Surgery Internship: University of California at San Francisco
- Medical School: University of California at Davis, degree MD
- Dental School: University of California at San Francisco, degree DDS
- Undergraduate, University of California at Irvine, degree BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering