Pre-Operative Instructions: GeneralBack
For any patients planned for or anticipating IV anesthesia:
- No eating or drinking at least 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- Your regular medications, including blood pressure and heart medications, should still be taken with sips of water as instructed by our doctors. Please call us for further instructions.
- A driver is required to take you to and from our office.
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt and comfortable clothing to allow for your comfort and access to your arms for the IV.
- Do not wear contact lenses. Do not wear heavy makeup, lipstick, perfumes, or cologne.
- If you are prescribed a rescue inhaler for asthma, please bring this with you on your day of surgery.
- If you are a diabetic, please bring your glucose or glucometer with you and your regular insulin medications and syringes.
- If you take nitroglycerin for chest pain, please bring this with you.
- If you are coming down with a fever, cough, sore throat, cold, or flu, please call us as soon as possible.
Please call us with any anesthesia questions.
Learn more about the procedures we offer, our practice philosophy, and get started on your journey to a healthier life through oral surgery.